I had the opportunity to visit the Morgan’s Wonderland this past Sunday, and am excited to share why you should take your family to this amazing park this summer!
- It’s affordable! Those with special needs get in free! Morgan’s Wonderland does a great job being empathetic to the financial boundaries families may have, and allows that anyone who has a disability to be admitted free of charge.
- The park was created with the special needs community in mind. Because of that, each attraction was created very individualized. Some attractions that stood out to me were the Sensory Village, Music Garden and Wonderland Express and Depot. Morgan's Wonderland offers eighteen total attractions on this side of the park.
- The second half of the park is Morgan's Inspiration Island. If you or your family member wants to utilize the water park, but are afraid of damaging a wheelchair, they offer waterproof wheelchairs and strollers. The park has three different types of wheelchairs that can be adjusted depending on height and size.
- Morgan’s Inspiration Island also includes six attractions/rides that are all colorful, safe, and fun for all ages! These attractions allows for the inclusion of family members despite ability or age, to enjoy the park together.
- If the water from the other splash pads seem too chilly for you or your family member, check out Rainbow Reef! This is a splash pad on the lower level that is specially designed for warmer water. The park created this taking in account that some individuals may have certain medical conditions that may cause them to react poorly to non-heated water.
- Morgan’s Wonderland not only gives an opportunity of fun, but also employment for those with special needs. A third of the employees at the park have a disability. This is something I found so amazing, because of the impact it can make on those visiting the park. This can be an significant message to an individual or their family members of opportunities + goals they can work towards. I had the honor while I was on my tour to be apart of celebrating an individual hear the news of being offered a job position! This was such a moment that I was not expecting on witnessing. It was so special that it brought tears to my eyes seeing the individual realize that he had gotten the job.
Below I provided the links on how to become a volunteer and employee: